As part of the implementation of the Sudan Customs strategic plan for 2013-2016, a risk management and risk assessment workshop was conducted, under the sponsorship of the WCO Eurocustoms fund, in
During the workshop, participants examined critical issues related to the development and maintenance of a solid Customs risk management system; and how to embed risk management practices in Customs day-to-day operations. Participants were given the opportunity to learn how to develop and implement a Customs risk assessment system based on profiling and targeting. They discussed the identification of key risk areas and related risk indicators applicable to sea cargo, air cargo and land cargo movements.
Case studies were used and sharing of experiences encouraged in order to enhance the understanding of technical concepts in this domain, as outlined in the WCO Risk Management Compendium. An overview of the WCO tools contained in the Compliance and Enforcement Package was also provided to the participants to support their tasks in this area.
Feedback from participants was very positive, indicating that the workshop was useful, met expectations, and provided them with a better understanding of intelligence-based risk management.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140611-30FurigayJane-4762245 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson