As part of the implementation of the Sudan Customs strategic plan for 2013-2016, a risk management and risk assessment workshop was conducted, under the sponsorship of the WCO Eurocustoms fund, in
During the workshop, participants examined critical issues related to the development and maintenance of a solid Customs risk management system; and how to embed risk management practices in Customs day-to-day operations. Participants were given the opportunity to learn how to develop and implement a Customs risk assessment system based on profiling and targeting. They discussed the identification of key risk areas and related risk indicators applicable to sea cargo, air cargo and land cargo movements.
Case studies were used and sharing of experiences encouraged in order to enhance the understanding of technical concepts in this domain, as outlined in the WCO Risk Management Compendium. An overview of the WCO tools contained in the Compliance and Enforcement Package was also provided to the participants to support their tasks in this area.
Feedback from participants was very positive, indicating that the workshop was useful, met expectations, and provided them with a better understanding of intelligence-based risk management.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140611-30FurigayJane-4762245 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'