Now 24 of his portraits — 22 of which have never been offered for sale — are available for purchase on Amazon.
They comprise of drawings, portraits and studies and two lithographs from the
They range in price from
Some are signed by the subjects, including a pencil sketch of Hepburn priced at
Kinstler, whose work has also appeared at the
With Hepburn, he said, he didn't have a clue how to interpret her.
"She was very much like the image of her in the movies: She was feisty, opinionated, difficult and an extraordinary person," he said.
"I told her I'm not a salesman" — and that broke the ice, he said. "She said to me: 'Of course you're a salesman. I'm a salesman. What's wrong with being a salesman?'"
All the works are available for purchase on Amazon Art, an online marketplace launched last year offering over 60,000 original and limited edition artworks from some 300 galleries and dealers.
The 87-year-old Kinstler said he decided to part with the works after asking himself "What will happen to these sketches and drawings when I won't be around?"
They include one of
"These are pieces of American history," said
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare