Giving details about the festival, Sheikh
The Khareef season, when the weather is most attractive across the entire Gulf region, will begin from
Elaborate preparations have been made for the festival. Festival related events will be held all across the wilayat of Taqa, Mirbat, Mighsail and Al Hisn market. It will introduce environment, ecology, life style and traditions of the rural and urban life of
Al Shanfari said that to make the festival better, the Dhofar municipality was working on improving road conditions, bridges and street lights. This will help lessen traffic jams, particularly during the Khareef season.
He said that Salalah was chosen by the sixth forum of
With more than 1,200 craftsmen and women expected to showcase their skills in the exhibition part of the festival, the event is seen as the most comprehensive show of local traditions and cultures. Various public and private sector companies will also be showcasing their services and products at the festival which will help them interact with the locals as well as consumers from the entire Gulf region, he said.
This festival is expected to cater to amusement needs of people of various age groups. It will feature dance and music performances of indigenous artists and games and shows for children. Around 8,000 people have been employed to work for the festival in various capacities.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones