Transactions on listed equities on Friday closed on bullish note, as Market Capitalisation on the
About 671.260 million shares worth N11.87 billion were traded by investors in 5,869 deals during the day.
Friday's trading contrasted sharply with the 577.25 million shares worth N12.26 billion traded in 4,954 deals on Wednesday.
At the end of trading, market capitalisation rose by 2.95 per cent to close higher at N13.694 trillion, as against the N13.302 trillion achieved on Wednesday before the holiday on
The All-Share Index, ASI also grew by 1187.64 points, or 2.95 per cent, to close at 41,474.40 points, from the 40,286.76 points achieved on Wednesday.
Seplat Petroleum led the gainers' table, appreciating by N23.95, to close at N658.95 per share.
Equally, Total Oil rose by N4.05 to close at N166.05, while
On the other hand, Caverton Offshore continued the poor showing since coming to the market topping the losers chart after shedding about 28k to close at N5.41 per share.
African Prudential shares trailed with 12k to close at N3.23, while Fidson and
The Financial Services sector remained the most active as GTBank emerged the most-traded equity with 91.40 million shares worth N2.72 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack