What were the ICD's achievements in 2013?
"Despite the global downturn and persistence of uncertainties in 2013, ICD approved 28 projects, four Qard Hasans and three capital increases for total amount of
"During 2013, ICD finalised the Guidelines for Expanded Follow-Up for both financial and non-financial operations of the institution, describing the Project Follow-up (Supervision) Report (PFR) as well as the Expanded Project Follow-up (Supervision) Report (XPFR). Guidelines for Self Evaluation of Advisory services were also finalised in the past year.
"As part of the 2013 work programme, a Portfolio Performance Review for 115 projects in nine member countries was undertaken. The objective of the review was to quantitatively and qualitatively describe and assess the performance, results, and sustainability of ICD's interventions."
In which countries and sectors was the ICD most active during 2013?
"ICD's exposure stretched across 32 countries and three regional projects during 2013. Saudi Arabia held the highest portion followed by
How will this shift in 2014? Where do you see the next market for Islamic finance?
"Given the importance of Islamic finance, the need for promotion of the industry is among the strategic priorities of the
"The Islamic finance channels cover a number of instruments such as Ijarah, industry and regional funds, equity participation in the capital of Islamic banks, creating Islamic windows within existing conventional banks, boosting the
What are the ICD's main initiatives for 2014?
"ICD is launching an Ijarah company in Palestine and in
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE