In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 199.45 points, or 1.36 percent, from Friday to 14,831.83. The broader
On Friday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 index finished at all-time highs on growing optimism over the U.S. economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?