Deputy Managing Director of IMF,
The disbursements were delayed for a year amid questions over whether
The primary budget posted surplus ahead of schedule. However, the lender observed that several challenges remain to be overcome before stabilization is deemed complete and
Public debt is projected to remain high well into the next decade, despite a targeted high primary surplus.
Shinohara said additional fiscal adjustment is necessary to ensure debt sustainability, through durable, high-quality measures, while strengthening the social safety net.
Further measures are needed to remove regulatory barriers and to reform investment licensing, Shinohara said.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve