Mrs. Lagarde, who made the statement on Friday at the
"There is need for transparency in information sharing and in the use of internet to enable people to know the correct things happening in
Mrs. Lagarde said that IMF would launch an initiative which would help in tackling corruption and tax problems on the continent.
According to her, IMF is consolidating its partnership in three key pillars of building infrastructure, institutions and development of the people.
In her contribution, the acting Governor, Central Bank of
She called for policies that would help reduce corruption in the region, pointing out that transparency was imperative in public and private businesses for growth and development.
She said that if the people and government saw corruption as a "monster", they would jointly fight it to "standstill".
Also, the Cabinet Secretary to the Kenyan Government,
The theme of the conference, organised by IMF and the government of
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO