The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 44 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,505 in the first few minutes of trading Friday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell seven points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,868. The Nasdaq composite gave up 15 points, or 0.4 percent, to 4,036.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free