Ariana Grande has stepped forward to clear the air regarding Rihanna's laughter during her iHeart Radio performance on May 5.
The confusion began after the "Diamonds" singer was filmed giggling while Grande performed a medley of her track "The Way" and her latest single, "Problem" during Monday's award show.
The 20-year-old singer expanded on the issue during an interview with Australian radio show, The Bumo Show.
"[Rihanna] wasn't laughing at you, she was laughing at something your best friend said," the show's DJ said of the situation. "I know you guys caught up afterwards, did she clarify that?"
"I didn't see her laughing at me," Grande responded, "but when I watched it afterwards it looked like she was just shocked because I was doing something different."
"Afterward she was so kind to me, she was like, 'Lil' mama keep doing what you're doing because it's working,'" she continued.
The Sam & Cat actress went on to say that she finds it "funny that people tried to make such a commotion" of the situation.
"[Rihanna] was just being playful and supportive," Grande said. "People are always trying to make a big deal out of nothing because they're bored."
Original headline: Ariana Grande says Rihanna wasn't laughing at her iHeart Radio performance
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply