The concert included Symphonic Prologue for large orchestra followed by Piano concerto in A Minor by Grieg and Shostakovich Symphony No 7 in C Major in the second half of the sho.
Saedi's Symphonic Prologue was a nice blend of Western tradition in which the composer had been trained with rendition of Arabic idioms.
Grieg Concerto has its brilliance radiated through its piano score representing the youthful energy of the composer who wrote it during his early life. From the thunderous beginning of the concerto to the lyrical slow second movement, it was a deft display of soloist on the keys of the piano.
The third movement of the concerto develops into contrasting themes with materials taken from the first movement and together coming into brilliant conclusion. The concerto not only established Grieg as a composer in the musical world but also gave Norwegian music its due.
The second half of the concert was bit more weighty when the orchestra played the 7th of Shastakovich which appeared endless and intellectually enriching and elaborate. The symphony was Shastakovich's longest work full of poetic description of the Leningrad siege.
As the composer has said in one of the interviews,"In the finale, I want to describe a beautiful future time when the enemy will have been defeated".
The work at times appear to be never ending but at the same time full of tense moments that gripped its audience amazed and in the state of uneasy awe till the end.
The performance was spectacular and the response from the audience came through an unending rounds of applauds that kept reverberating in ecstasy.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?