The Headlinemoney awards are judged by a panel of journalists and industry experts, and the Journalist of the Year award is described as its "most coveted prize". The award was presented by
The judges said Collinson was "deemed to have gone that little bit further than anyone else over the past year when it comes to the business of financial matters". Beating competition from
One judge said: "Patrick clearly has a deep understanding of many finance-related issues, but what's more he chooses ones to comment on that have a potentially wider impact across all manner of finance-related issues."
Another added: "He does put the boot in with some vigour, but he doesn't descend into a narrow rant."
Three articles by Ferguson, all published in Guardian Money, were described as "eye-opening" by the judges who awarded her the freelance prize. Ferguson won plaudits for her stories on how supermarkets use customer data and how lenders offer secret mortgage deals.
"There was plenty of variety in Donna's work, which is the hallmark of a decent freelancer."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire