Minister Konneh was last Tuesday summoned by the lawmakers to give reasons for continued budget shortfall.
The Finance Minister is being requested to appear and state which sector of the economy is not responding to government's revenue support.
The House's decision to summon Minister Konneh was triggered by a communication by Grand Kru County Representative Numene Bartewa.
Rep. Bartewa observed that the continued budget shortfall is a serious national financial problem facing the Government of
According to Rep. Bartewa, the repeated shortfall in the country's budget is negatively undermining service delivery programs.
He said as a result of this repeated budget shortfalls, essential programs and projects for which funds were appropriated in the national budget cannot be attended to as the budget year virtually comes to an end.
The Grand Kru County lawmaker said the issue of budget shortfall was even becoming worse day by day for which other essential programs and projects of government cannot be successfully implemented.
"These were the very financial problems that the Government of
However, in a communication to the Plenary of the
Minister Konneh said he was busy with other national issues and would not be able to appear before the lawmakers on two separate occasions.
Our Legislative reporter said following the reading of Minister Konneh's communication, the lawmakers said they want the minister to appear separately because the issues at bar are separate.
Majority lawmakers including Speaker
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges