The board of directors of the
The latest funding announcement from the board of the Bretton Woods institution is intended for helping the country in its second Urban Development Program (ULGDP II) for supporting 44 cities.
Releasing a statement on Tuesday, the
In 2000, 11 percent of
The bank official further said, Through efforts to leverage well-functioning and productive urban centers, the operation is expected to maintain a focus on the urban poor and increase access to basic infrastructure services, spur inclusive growth and fuel job creation.
The Ethiopian ULGDP is intended for tackling institutional gaps and fiscal deficits at the levels of urban local Government through facilitating enhanced performance in the planning, delivery, and persistent provision of urban facilities and infrastructure by local Governments.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile