The network provider said depreciation and amortisation as a percentage of revenue increased by 4% in the period under review.
Earnings before interest tax and amortisation stood at
Depreciation, amortisation and impairment costs went up 42% to
Group chief finance officer Roy Chimanikire said subscribers went up 10% to 8,8 million.
He said revenue growth was after 307% increase in EcoCash revenue for the period under review.
Ecocash handled over
Over 1 million accounts have been opened since it was launched with over 10 000 agents countrywide.
Data revenue also went up 62% to
Non voice revenues grew to
Broadband revenue grew 62% to
Chimanikire said there was scope for growth in data business, currently at 10% of revenue, due to low smart device penetration and credit facilities for smart phones under
Net cash generated from operations grew 138% to
Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the reporting period stood at
Cash used in financing activities stood at
Total assets went up 16% to
Current assets however, slid 16% in value to
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids