The network provider said depreciation and amortisation as a percentage of revenue increased by 4% in the period under review.
Earnings before interest tax and amortisation stood at
Depreciation, amortisation and impairment costs went up 42% to
Group chief finance officer Roy Chimanikire said subscribers went up 10% to 8,8 million.
He said revenue growth was after 307% increase in EcoCash revenue for the period under review.
Ecocash handled over
Over 1 million accounts have been opened since it was launched with over 10 000 agents countrywide.
Data revenue also went up 62% to
Non voice revenues grew to
Broadband revenue grew 62% to
Chimanikire said there was scope for growth in data business, currently at 10% of revenue, due to low smart device penetration and credit facilities for smart phones under
Net cash generated from operations grew 138% to
Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the reporting period stood at
Cash used in financing activities stood at
Total assets went up 16% to
Current assets however, slid 16% in value to
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga