Croatian operator Vip Mobile's Q1 revenues increased by 3 percent as against the corresponding period during last year, reaching RSD 5.7 billion.
The increase was due to the growing number of postpaid customers, which increased to 15.9 percent from a year earlier. EBITDA was RSD 1.8 billion, an increase of 6 percent.
During the quarter, the operator invested over
In 2014, Vip has announced to remain more focused on network improvement, in terms of coverage and modernization.
Plans are to upgrade the network at over 550 locations with the latest generation of equipment. The 2G and 3G signals will also be expanded in smaller cities and along major roads, where installation of 320 new base stations will be carried out.
By end of the year, it plans an investment of
At the end of the quarters, Vip had 2.044 million customers, up 7.4 percent from a year earlier and equal to a 21.5 percent market share.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American