Corn dropped Friday after the government forecast a record crop for this year.
The price of corn for July delivery fell
The loss pared this year's gain for corn to 20 percent. The price of the grain has climbed this year as planting was delayed by unseasonably cool weather in the U.S. and on concern that corn exports from
U.S. farmers are forecast to produce 13.9 billion bushels of corn this season, according to the
"Wheat and corn supplies may be tight here in
Wheat prices also fell after the report.
July wheat fell
Metal prices were mixed.
Gold for June was little changed from Thursday at
July silver fell
Copper for July rose
In energy trading, the price of oil fell
Wholesale gasoline fell
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007