Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "Its direct molecular dissociation to form CH3S/Au and H/Au is barred by an activation barrier of 0.9 eV. However, the presence of neighboring Au-ad can assist the dissociation reaction to form CH3S-AU(ad)-H by lowering the energy barrier to 0.6 eV."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "As for the dissociated CH3S, the surface geometry of two CH3S joined by a Auad is the most favorable one."
For more information on this research see: Density functional theory study of the adsorption of methanthiol on Au(111): Role of gold adatoms. Physica E-Low-Dimensional Systems & Nanostructures, 2014;59():248-253. Physica E-Low-Dimensional Systems & Nanostructures can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges