Electric Vehicle Chevy Volt takes about 9 kilowatt hours of electricity to completely charge it's electric storage battery. It runs for about 40 miles on this charge. One of the user of PluggedSolar 1.7 kilowatt system reports that he is able to make his electric car run completely on solar energy. He uses the car for regular drive to the office and local trips. The daily driving distance is about 30 to 40 miles that corresponds to average driving distance of 11,000 to 15,000 miles per year.
PluggedSolar uses a breakthrough technology to allow for solar panels to be simply plugged into the household electric plug socket while following the local utility requirements of interconnection with the grid power. The Plugged Solar Kit is designed as a 'do it yourself (DIY)' installation. It cuts the cost of solar energy in half and consequently makes solar electricity cheaper than what we get from the conventional environmentally damaging electricity. The homeowners can use their weekend time to install it themselves or may call a local handy-person to do the work. Normally it takes a day to install this system.
It is hoped for the future that all of the cars would run solely on solar energy produced by systems like PluggedSolar and its storage system, the Plug-In Power Backup. The table on the right shows that this is enough to drive an electric car for an entire year. Based on fueleconomy.gov data, the electric consumptions of the 2013 models of electric cars are calculated in the table.
ABOUT PLUGGED SOLAR COMPANY
The company is a
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11835799.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American