Notice Type: Modification to a Previous Presolicitation Notice
Subject: Data from CP-2, CP-3i and CP-3i REV E Tracking Devices
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: TrackingDevices
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20229
Place of Performance Country: US
Customs and Border Protection
Request for Information Regarding Data from CP-2, CP-3i and CP-3i REV E Tracking Devices Solicitation Number: Request for Information (RFI) Notice Type:
1. Introduction: The U.S. Customs and
2. Description: The goal of this
3. Information Requested: CBP is interested in obtaining information from companies that can provide satellite connectivity from CP-2, CP-3i and CP-3i REV E tracking devices in CBP aircraft that utilize proprietary data format. The GPS data format transmitted from the proprietary tracking device is proprietary in nature. The government does not have knowledge for the proprietary CP-2, CP-3i and CP-3i REV E tracking device data format. Requested information shall address capability in the following areas of interest:
(a) The data is transmitted from the government owned tracking device which must be transmitted to a satellite, then to an earth ground station and finally from commercial servers to the AMOC.
(b) The GPS data must be transmitted from the commercial server directly to the AMOC by means of an uninterrupted Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) connection. A backup TCP/IP connection/server is required in the event the primary server cannot process the GPS data.
(c) The data format transmitted to the AMOC must be compatible with our UniTrac server.
4. Disclaimer: This sources sought notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP in the future. CBP may seek proposals in the near future and will not accept unsolicited proposals at this time. This notice does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. Participation does not imply any obligation on the part of the Government. Responders are advised that the Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice; all costs associated with responding to this notice will be solely at the responder's expense. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOps) website. It is the responsibility of potential offers to monitor these sites for additional information. Proprietary information will be protected to the greatest extent provided by law. Any questions concerning this
5. Responses: Responses to this
Number of years of corporate experience Business size Primary type of services provided Primary point of contact GSA schedule contract number, if applicable Address Telephone number Fax Number E-mail address for POC
Contractors are encouraged to mark each page believed to contain corporate sensitive information with the note "Proprietary Information."
Contracting Office Address:
Place of Performance:
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007