Iranian chemists at the
Orthodontic adhesives with additional antimicrobial and re-mineralizing features could be developed only if their mechanical properties have been considered.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of incorporating Silver and Hydroxyapatite (HA) nanoparticles on the shear bond strength (SBS) of an orthodontic adhesive, ISNA reported.
Gamma irradiation method was used in building the nanocomposite. Simplicity, lack of complexity and neatness of the mechanism are some of the advantages of the method.
The method helps produce nano-structure particles with high purity and metallic elements without the formation of byproducts and reaction in aqueous state without using poisonous regenerative materials.
Hydroxylapatite is one of the commonly-used materials in medicinal production and dentistry. The material with high biocompatibility is used as a filler, dental implant, adhesive, dentin and enamel.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks