The company said it will make its OpenStack-based public cloud services available in 20 data centres over the next 18 months.
OpenStack, a cloud computing project that HP co-founded, provides a free and open source cloud computing platform for public and private cloud services.
"Customer challenges today extend beyond cloud. They include how to manage, control and scale applications in a hybrid environment that spans multiple technology approaches,"
HP last week inked a deal with Taiwanese contract manufacturer
Cloud services have become increasingly popular among both cash-strapped tech start-ups and larger companies, which rely on computers owned and operated by the likes of Amazon and
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June