However, if a relatively small number of borrowers were to refinance, the impact would be minimally positive because it could prevent some at-risk borrowers from defaulting.
It is not possible, at this time, to assess the exact impact of the bill on student loan ABS until financial needs that would qualify borrowers have been fully defined.
The Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act, introduced by Senator
Additional information is available on www.fitchratings.com.
The above article originally appeared as a post on the Fitch Wire credit market commentary page. The original article, which may include hyperlinks to companies and current ratings, can be accessed at www.fitchratings.com. All opinions expressed are those of Fitch Ratings.
+1 212 908-0503
+1 212 908-9159
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?