XtremIO provides an efficient and consistent way of storing and accessing data on flash memory.
"We're offering this guarantee because we believe we're the only flash provider who can deliver on the promise of being inline all of the time," EMC Information Infrastructure CEO
XtremIO solved the problems of using flash memory – the same type of technology used on thumb drives and memory cards – for large-scale storage instead of traditional hard-disk space.
The million-dollar guarantee, however, is only applicable to the first customer who complains about it.
Because its main customers are other businesses,
Israeli health providers – including the way Maccabi Healthcare Services uses electronic medical records – rely on
As more and more companies start relying on user-provided data from mobile platforms, "that's going to have a profound impact on the infrastructure, a profound impact on the storage," said
As an example, he cited a recent fender bender in which he was able to use his cellphone to upload photos, his location and a virtual reconstruction of the accident as part of his insurance claim. All that data requires storage space.
"The data collected through the application is at least 1,000 times what it used to be," Goulden said.
While Israeli companies have provided key technology to help
"I think the wearable thing is gonna be hot," he said. "Imagine Google Glass going around and capturing everything I see."
The start-ups that address the challenges of how to store, access, analyze and respond to all that data could see themselves negotiating an attractive buyout offer in the near future.
The author was a guest of the company.
All rights reserved
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland