While economic activity in the eurozone has shown signs of improvement, the region's inflation rate was only 0.7 percent in April, far short of the bank's target of just below 2 percent.
At a press conference, ECB President
Draghi also said the eurozone inflation rate would likely remain low in coming months but gradually near the target toward the end of 2016.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA