To see mortgage rates in your area, go to http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/mortgages/.
The average 15-year fixed mortgage rate slumped to 3.51 percent, while the larger jumbo 30-year fixed mortgage rate ticked down to 4.45 percent. Adjustable rate mortgages were mixed, with the 3-year ARM sliding to 3.25 percent and the 5-year nosing higher to 3.35 percent.
Despite the abysmal economic performance in the first quarter of the year brought on by the brutal winter weather, both the temperatures and the broader economy are starting to warm up. The Federal Open Market Committee gave a nod to a pickup in economic activity and household spending, and maintained the tapering of bond purchases by scaling back an additional
Keywords for this news article include: Real Estate,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire