The BoK had trimmed rates by 25 basis points in May, from 2.75% to 2.50% after six months of holding steady.
"The global economy will sustain its modest recovery going forward, centering around advanced economies, but judges that the possibility exists of its being affected by the changes in global financial market conditions stemming from the shift in the US Federal Reserve's monetary policy stance, by the weakening of economic growth in some emerging market countries, and by geopolitical risks in
Inflation remained comfortably manageable in April, allowing the central bank to hold fire on any movement - although it touched an eight-month high.
Consumer prices were up 1.5% on year and 0.1% on month in April. The annual figure exceeded forecasts for 1.4% and was up from 1.3% in March.
Core inflation, which strips out the volatile costs of food, jumped 2.3% on year - in line with forecasts and up from 2.1% in the previous month.
"The committee forecasts that inflation will gradually rise, although it will remain low for the time being due largely to the stability of agricultural product prices," the bank said.
The Bank of
The low inflation leaves the central bank room to maneuver in terms of additional easing - although recent data has been encouraging.
"The committee appraises the economic recovery to have continued in line with the trend of growth, as exports have sustained their buoyancy. The domestic economy will maintain a negative output gap for the time being going forward, although it forecasts that the gap will gradually narrow," the bank said.
Exports climbed 9.0% on year to
Finally, industrial production in
On a yearly basis, industrial production was up 2.7%
"The committee will conduct monetary policy so as to keep consumer price inflation within the inflation target range over a medium-term horizon while supporting the continued recovery of economic growth," the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids