This was due to a 15 per cent year-on-year drop in prices on the
The company has registered a net income of
In March, Alba paid
Sales figures are up by 3.1pc year-on-year while production figures are up by 2.1pc year-on-year on the back of strong operational performance.
Sales of value-added products represent 66pc of total shipments, stable when compared with first quarter last year.
"Alba had strong operational performance despite a significant drop in LME prices," Alba chief executive
"The company was able to increase free cash flow for the quarter in the face of difficult market conditions.
"For the remainder of the year, we will focus on leveraging the strong physical premiums and accelerating our initiatives under 'Project Titan'," he said.
Completion of line six bankable feasibility study within the first half of the year is also a priority.
"Alba continues to make money and maintain strong operational fundamentals despite the very difficult LME price environment," Alba chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa said.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?