OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Thirteen young entrepreneurs from across the country have won the chance to present their business ideas to investor Warren Buffett later this month.
Five individuals and three teams will be flown to Omaha for the final round of competition on May 19.
The winners will be chosen by a panel of business experts. But 20 percent of the competitors' scores will be determined by online votes at www.smckids.com . Voting ends Monday.
Buffett donates his time to the contest and to the "Secret Millionaire's Club" cartoon it is affiliated with to help teach kids financial principles. Buffett voices the animated version of himself that offers advice in the cartoon.
The grand prize winners will receive $5,000 apiece. The contest is sponsored by the Fairholme Foundation.
Original headline: 13 young entrepreneurs to meet Warren Buffett
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review