Savula said prices of sugar internationally are going up and the two millers must review their rates to avoid exploiting farmers. He said the price a 90kg bag of sugar is going for Sh 3,600 up from Sh2,900.
Savula was speaking in Kakamega yesterday. The sugar companies are paying farmers Sh3,000 per tonne of raw cane delivered down from Sh3,400 a few months ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio