The facility has been installed at
The programme focuses on deployment of information technology infrastructure, teacher training, content development and management, school administration as well as sharing best practices in the integration of ICTs in the sector.
The SPIS is a 40-foot shipping container that
All these devices are optimised for use in a solar-powered environment.
"The fold-away solar panels provide enough energy to power the classroom's equipment for up to nine hours a day. The solar-panels are made from rubber instead of glass to ensure they are hardy and durable enough to survive long journeys across the continent," he said.
The e-board allows for virtual collaboration between and among educators as well as learners in different locations.
It can run video conferencing, access the Internet, and connect to the tablet computers in the container, providing an amazing learning and teaching experience.
In rural areas connected to electricity,
"Overcoming these challenges requires public and private institutions to work together in seeking relevant solutions," said Rwandan Education minister Vincent Biruta.
"The quality of students that will graduate from our education system will also reflect on the kind of staff the private sector will be employing."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply