The assignee for this patent, patent number 8711116, is
Reporters obtained the following quote from the background information supplied by the inventors: "A touchpad is an input device including a surface that detects touch-based inputs of users. A touch screen is an electronic visual display that detects the presence and location of user touch inputs. Mobile devices such as a mobile phone, a tablet computer, and a laptop computer often incorporate a touch screen or a touchpad to facilitate user interactions with application programs running on the mobile device."
In addition to obtaining background information on this patent, VerticalNews editors also obtained the inventors' summary information for this patent: "Particular embodiments relate to touch-based user interfaces that allow a user of a computing device to navigate between application user interface layers by using touch inputs to a side-mounted touchpad. These and other features, aspects, and advantages of the disclosure are described in more detail below in the detailed description and in conjunction with the following figures."
For more information, see this patent: Papakipos,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation