Peak retail industry body the
ARA Executive Director
"While today's result was expected, we urge the RBA to consider lowering interest rates in June to provide some relief to struggling Australians. We are aware that the Federal Budget announcement will likely result in budget cuts, affecting both retailers and consumers.
"Although retail trade started off with a bang this year, unfortunately growth is not consistent and the SME sector is certainly still struggling. Interest rates must remain low to ensure that these retailers are able to cope,"
Since 1903, the
CC AutoTriage5rn-140507-30FurigayJane-4726157 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio