New York, United States, May 7, 2014 - (ABN Newswire) - Global Finance magazine has announced its seventh annual rankings for the World's Best Supply Chain Finance Providers. A full report on the selections will appear in the July/August issue of Global Finance.
Global Finance launched the awards in recognition of the growing significance of the supply chain and the various financing solutions that are now available to enhance working capital and optimize DSO and DPO for buyers and suppliers. Global Finance selected winners across sixteen global and eight regional categories.
Global Finance's editorial team—with input from industry analysts, corporate executives and technology experts—selected the best providers of supply chain financing and management services. A variety of subjective and objective criteria were used for choosing the winners. Factors considered included: market share and global coverage, product innovation, customer service, technology, execution skills and client-specific implementations.
"As emerging markets feel the effects of global instability—such as that created by the current crisis in the Ukraine—and the slowdown of quantitative easing programs by some developed nations—most notably that of the US Federal Reserve—multinationals are ever-more cognizant of the need to ensure they have stable suppliers with secure access to financing," said Joseph Giarraputo, publisher and editorial director of Global Finance.
"Our selections for the World's Best Supply Chain Finance Providers 2014 are not necessarily the largest, but rather those that provide the most effective solutions for both the buyers and suppliers in their respective markets. We seek to award those solution providers that are best at problem-solving and out-of-the-box thinking. These firm provide cost savings, working capital benefits and help ensure the security and stability of multinational supply chains," Giarraputo said.
The full list of Global Finance's World's Best Supply Chain Finance Providers 2014 is listed below.
Global Finance Names The World's Best Supply Chain Finance Providers 2014
- Best Global Supply Chain Finance Provider (Bank) - Standard Chartered
- Best Global Supply Chain Finance Provider (Non Bank) - GT Nexus
- Best Supplier Support and Enrollment - Orbian
- Best Payables Supplier Financing Solution - Orbian
- Best Pre-Shipment Financing Solution - Standard Chartered
- Best Customer Implementation of Supply Chain Financing Soultion - Citi and the UK Department of Health's Pharmacy Earlier Payment Scheme
- Best Web-Based Supply Chain Financing Solution - PrimeRevenue
- Best Platform Connecting Buyers, and Financial Institutions - Suppliers GT Nexus
- Best Integrated Trade, Supply Chain Finance and Cash Management - Solutions Standard Chartered
- Best E-Procurement - Ariba
- Best Inventory Management - NetSuite
- Best Trade Document Management - Citi
- Best Analytics for Credit Scoring and Risk Assessment - Dun & Bradstreet
- Best Invoice Discount Management - DBS Bank
- Best Supply Chain Risk Consulting Services Provider - Marsh
- Best Supply Chain Risk Insurance Provider - FM Global
- North America - Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Latin America - Citi
- Western Europe - Royal Bank of Scotland
- Nordic Region - SEB
- Central & Eastern Europe - UniCredit
- Asia - Deutsche Bank
- Africa - Standard Chartered
- Middle East - Standard Chartered
Winners will be honored at the Global Finance 2014 Transaction Processing Awards Ceremony, which will be held during the SIBOS conference, on the morning of Wednesday, October 1, 2014, at the Harvard Club of Boston.
About Global Finance:
Global Finance, founded in 1987, has a circulation of 50,050 and readers in 180 countries. Its circulation is audited by BPA. Global Finance's audience includes chairmen, presidents, CEOs, CFOs, treasurers and other senior financial officers responsible for making investment and strategic decisions at multinational companies and financial institutions. Global Finance also targets the 8,000 international portfolio investors responsible for more than 80% of all global assets under professional management. Its website — GFmag.com — offers analysis and articles that are the heritage of 27 years of experience in international financial markets, and provides a valuable source of data on 192 countries. Global Finance is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Milan.