Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Focused ion beam and scanning/transmission electron microscopy analysis revealed the presence of nanoscale Cr-rich precipitates distributed in the TGO as well as Cr precipitation in the grain boundaries of the phase at the interface between the TGO and bond coat. Deposition of the YSZ on a pre-oxidized substrate provided mechanical keying with the TGO."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Void formation was observed at the TGO and bondcoat interface presumably due to initial transient alumina formation."
For more information on this research see: Microstructural examination of TGO formed during pre-oxidation on Pt-aluminized Ni-based superalloy. Materials and Corrosion-Werkstoffe Und Korrosion, 2014;65(3):319-323. Materials and Corrosion-Werkstoffe Und Korrosion can be contacted at:
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply