The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "This paper introduces an approach to reconstruct a 3D Chinese hickory tree without foliage using two images with different view angles, and then illustrates a dynamics analysis for the reconstructed tree. Two-dimensional (2D) branches were roughly segmented from the image by the 'stripe programming' method, and refined by the ribbon snake model. After extracting the skeleton of 2D branches, a binary-directed tree representing 2D tree structure was established. Under the topology and epipolar constraints, the branch correspondences between two images could be easily found. To improve the accuracy, curve reconstruction under the minimum curvature constraint instead of point-based reconstruction was employed. The diameters of branches from the base to the tip were parameterised as a linear equation. Using the 3D model of the Chinese hickory tree, its dynamics analysis was solved by finite element software (ANSYS Workbench). Compared with the results of the impact tests, a predicted optimal vibration frequency of trunk shaker can be found eventually."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "It indicates that dynamics analysis using 3D model of tree reconstructed by the proposed method is effective."
For more information on this research see: 3D reconstruction of Chinese hickory tree for dynamics analysis. Biosystems Engineering, 2014;119():69-79. Biosystems Engineering can be contacted at: Academic Press Inc Elsevier Science,
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids