The U.S. dollar hovered in the upper
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar strengthened to near the
Worries over developments in
Putin also said he was pulling back Russian troops deployed near the
But the U.S. currency's topside was capped by the recently lower U.S. Treasury yield, which makes the dollar less attractive against other currencies.
"Market participants do not dare to buy the U.S. currency as there are few catalysts to push the yield higher despite an upbeat U.S. jobs report released on Friday," Moritani said.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges