The bank's 24-member rate-setting council meets Thursday in
Several analysts are saying the bank won't act before June's meeting — if at all.
Inflation remains low at 0.7 percent, a sign of slack. But recent surveys suggest the modest recovery is gaining strength. Unemployment has fallen slightly but still stands at a high 11.9 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California