The bank's 24-member rate-setting council meets Thursday in
Several analysts are saying the bank won't act before June's meeting — if at all.
Inflation remains low at 0.7 percent, a sign of slack. But recent surveys suggest the modest recovery is gaining strength. Unemployment has fallen slightly but still stands at a high 11.9 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'