The top-tier lender said it has entered into agreements with four developments in
"Even with the relatively low mortgage penetration rates in the country, I believe the sector is quickly seeking solutions that cater to the emerging middle class segment," managing director
"Apart from getting into partnerships with developers, last year we rolled out a fixed rate mortgage product featuring a 15.9 per cent fixed interest rate allowing our customers to enjoy fixed rate monthly repayments for the first three years of the mortgage term."
Presently, the lender is offering a floating rate of 14.9 per cent for walk-in mortgage customers, according to the first quarter mortgage report by
The ranking places
Rival top-tier lenders StanChart and KCB are rated first and second in the mortgage ranking with 13.9 per cent and 14.5 per cent respectively.
HassConsult and TMC said expensive mortgages are starting to distort the property market as more potential buyers are locked out.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis