The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped six points, or 0.3 percent, to 1,878 early Tuesday. Bank stocks fell the most in early trading.
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 62 points, or 0.4 percent, to 16,467. The Nasdaq composite fell 12 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,125.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience