An automated parking fees collection system would be introduced by Governor
The county and
The bank has already placed pay booths at strategic points within the town.
According to Finance executive
The registration details of the car are taken down as a user enters the bus park or street parking.The user will then be expected to pay at the nearest DTB booth.
The registration details of the car are taken down if payment is not done within 25 minutes. The car will be towed if payment is not done within one hour.
Users of street parking and the bus park will pay the fee daily while boda boda operators will make monthly payments
It is anticipated by the government to triple its monthly parking fees revenue from Sh4 million .
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs