A-listers hit the red carpet at the
This year's event honored
"Fashion has always been about looking to the future, so if you don't have a living brand or a trademark that is still around, everyone forgets,"
In keeping with James' aesthetic, Wintour chose the theme of "White Tie and Decorations," which means men were asked to wear white ties and tails, while women could wear the most glamorous ball gowns, trains and cloves.
It's a big departure from last year's theme, which was based on the museums "Punk: From Chaos to Couture."
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention