JBN had reported a revenue of N212 billion for the 2013 financial year, compared with N201 billion in 2012. Profit before tax stood at N16.2 billion, as against N12.3 billion in 2012, while profit after tax fell from N8 billion to N7.8 billion. The directors recommended a dividend of N2.70 per share for the year compared with N2.50 in the 2012.
However, the company informed the NSE that it is also giving a bonus of one for 10 to the shareholders.
According to the company, the bonus shares will rank parri passu in all respects with the existing ordinary shares of the company except that such shares shall not qualify for dividend recommended by the Directors in respect of the year ended
Meanwhile, trading at the stock market remained bearish with NSE All-Share Index, declining by 0.34 per cent to close at 28,447.89. Similarly, the market capitalisation of equities shed N43.1 billion to close at N12.66 trillion.
But analysts at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders