The name for the
Through a combination of anthropology and sculpture, forensic artists recreate these images based on recovered skulls in the hopes that someone might recognize the face. Even a single detail could spark recognition. While facial reconstructions like this typically involve hand sculpting, artists at the NCMEC use Geomagic Freeform 3D modeling software to more quickly create digital busts, so facial reconstructions can be publicized faster and more easily. When a new lead might be a matter of getting the right person to see the right face, that speed is vital. We re proud to play a small part in getting those images into the public eye and supporting this valuable work.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza