The stock market closed broadly lower Tueday as investors found little to cheer in corporate earnings reports. A plunge in
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 129.53 points, or 0.8 percent, to 16,401.02.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 16.94 points, or 0.9 percent, to 1,867.72.
The Nasdaq composite dropped 57.30 points, or 1.4 percent, to 4,080.76.
For the week:
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 111.87 points, or 0.7 percent.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 13.42 points, or 0.7 percent.
The Nasdaq composite fell 43.14 points, or 1.1 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is down 175.64 points, or 1.1 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 19.36 points, or 1.1 percent.
The Nasdaq composite is down 95.83 points, or 2.3 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio