In an interim management statement for the period up to
Countrywide said first quarter 2014 revenue and earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation rose 20% and 50%, respectively, compared with the same period in 2013.
It said house exchanges were up 29% during the period compared with the first quarter 2013, while residential lettings properties under management volumes rose 28%. The number of mortgages arranged also increased 33% in the first quarter 2014 compared with the same period in 2013.
During 2014 the company said it has expanded through the acquisition of
In a separate note,
The company, in which Countrywide holds a 6% stake, posted revenue of
Zoopla said mobile devices now account for over half of the monthly visits as consumers use the group's services to search and research the property market at work, at home and on the move.
The stock was trading at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post