The biggest U.S. meat company also boosted its full-year revenue forecast.
Chicken sales rose on strong demand, while beef and pork sales climbed as they were helped by higher prices amid tight supplies. Sales of prepared foods also increased, thanks in part to some successful product launches.
In the international segment, sales fell slightly as the unit contends with soft demand in
For the three months ended
Analysts, on average, forecast slightly higher earnings of
Revenue increased 8 percent to
Its stock slipped
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth