Additionally, Fitch affirms approximately
The Rating Outlook for the bonds is Stable.
The trust indenture pledges all the mortgages in the loan portfolio consisting of multifamily, single family and group homes as well as the funds pledged under the legal provisions of the resolution.
KEY RATING DRIVERS
PORTFOLIO LARGELY GUARANTEED OR PARTIALLY INSURED: As of
SUFFICIENT OVER-COLLATERALIZATION: On a cash flow basis, the assets under the resolution show a minimum asset parity ratio of 107.5% although Maryland CDA has the right to withdraw excess assets. However, by practice, Maryland CDA continues to leave sufficient over-collateralization in the indenture.
CAPABLE MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT: Maryland CDA has demonstrated strong programmatic oversight capabilities and has had a long successful history of administering multifamily programs.
INDENTURE CONSIDERATIONS: The rating is constrained to its current level due to the fact that the issuer has the ability to withdraw excess assets and to include various types of loans other than first lien mortgages.
REMOVAL OF ASSETS: Credit risks to the housing revenue bond portfolio are somewhat remote given its federally insured portfolio and strong over-collateralization. This over-collateralization mitigates risks from its loan portfolio. However, removal of assets may present negative rating pressure.
The 2014 series B bonds are the 48th series of bonds to be sold under a general bond resolution adopted on
The portfolio mainly consists of 55 multifamily residential developments which, as of
More than 39% of the multifamily units in the portfolio receive rental assistance payments under Section 8 of the U.S. Housing Act of 1937 or interest-rate subsidies under Section 236 of the National Housing Act. The remaining 61% of the units do not receive rental or interest-rate subsidies.
Credit concerns are related to the bond resolution allowing various types of loans including uninsured and second lien mortgages. These concerns are mitigated by the current loan portfolio being 95% guaranteed or insured by a U. S. government entity, management demonstrating strong programmatic oversight, and the consistent financial performance of the portfolio.
Additionally, Fitch affirms the following Maryland CDA housing revenue bonds at 'AA+':
--2004 series B, C, & D;
--2005 series A, B, & C;
--2006 series A, B, C, & D;
--2007 series A, B, & C;
--2008 series A, B, C, & D;
--2009 series A;
--2012 series A, B, & D;
--2013 series A, B, C, D, E and F;
--2014 series A.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
--'Rating Criteria for Pooled Multifamily Housing Bonds' (
--'Revenue-Supported Rating Criteria' (
Rating Criteria for Pooled Multifamily Housing Bonds
Revenue-Supported Rating Criteria
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border