First IPOs summit sheds light on companies' listings in stock market
Following the Egyptian Exchange's (EGX) announcement that the first Summit for the Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) will take place 6 May, Daily News Egypt reached out to experts to define and has analysed Egyptian companies' listing in the stock market.
Listing in the stock market can give companies access to financing, provide critical evaluation for mergers and acquisitions, and act as an exit strategy if a company's main shareholder plans to sell a whole company, the EGX said.
The summit aims to gather "all the decision makers in the world of business and finance locally and regionally to enhance the growth opportunities for companies by raising capital through IPOs", the EGX said.
In 2005, only three companies had IPOs that amounted to
Between 2009 and 2011, 30 companies were listed on the stock market with a total value of
Listings surged in 2012 to total 11 companies and value
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana