Asian finance ministers agreed at a meeting here Saturday that the global economy was on the up but cautioned that challenges remained, Xinhua news agency reported.
Finance ministers and central bank governors of the 10 ASEAN countries as well as
The meeting concluded developed economies were improving but the global economic recovery still faced challenges and its foundation remained fragile.
They said the strong growth in
The meeting suggested each economy adjust macro-economic policies to address their own needs and deepen structural reforms to counter internal and external risks and challenges.
In the meantime, the meeting urged all sides to further strengthen regional financial cooperation and coordination in their policy-making to facilitate healthy growth of the regional economy.
At the meeting, Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei briefed his counterparts on
He stressed that
A joint statement was issued at the end of the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007